Female superhero Chinese Redbud Woman appears in Beijing
This May, a female “superhero” appeared in Hong Kong, wearing low-cut black tights and blue mask, called herself “Zijing Woman” (紫荆侠) or “Chinese Redbud Woman”. She handed out food and cash to some Hong Kong residents. The mysterious masked female vigilante received great attention in Hong Kong.
However, on December 24, a “female superhero” also appeared in Beijing, wearing exactly the same outfit as the “Chinese Redbud Woman” of Hong Kong.
“Today is my first day as the Chinese Redbud Woman, feeling a little nervous. Already prepared the military coats and food for the elderlies, also many thanks to the hand warner friend gave me.” She called herself Chinese Redbud Woman in her microblog, mysteriously appeared on the cold streets of Beijing on Christmas Eve, in front of the Wangfujing Bookstore, at the Xidan subway station and other places, distributed clothing and gifts to beggars and homeless. Beijing residents and netizens also started to talk about her.
( Just going to casually share this— )
One thing this should be doing is raising awareness of the plight of the elderly homeless population here in China. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen a single homeless person who looks younger than sixty. Beijing is super cold in the winter, especially at night, and you’ve got all of these elderly homeless people who don’t have any real support from the state, since “socialism with Chinese characteristics” is kind of a joke and decidedly un-socialist.
By the way, this post should illustrate that the asshole-ness of most male internet denizens is universal. I’m a little irritated that the comments Chinahush.com picked from the original article are all ones dealing with Lady Zijing’s attire or attractiveness, and not, you know, about what she’s doing to help some of Beijing’s homeless population. Also, massive, massive trigger-warning for rape and racism for the comments on Chinahush.com’s article. Sorry to end on a downer.
GO LADY ZIJING! YOU’RE AWESOME!
This is how to be a super hero! I hope I can see Lady ZiJing when I’m in Beijing!
- reyrasworld likes this
- hatecoffee reblogged this from stevenstelfox
- hatecoffee likes this
- stevenstelfox reblogged this from moeoftoe
- charliekellygreen likes this
- moeoftoe reblogged this from am-buh
- mikaelhart likes this
- when-shakespeare-met-picasso likes this
- hightechzombie reblogged this from dantalaois
- theblackram reblogged this from katebrezzy
- s4karuna reblogged this from squintyoureyes
- kingofscandinavia likes this
- chu-chan reblogged this from kyonshee
- kyonshee reblogged this from barbie-gyaru
- fortunabeesh likes this
- signechan reblogged this from wholesomeobsessive
- signechan likes this
- shallanelprin likes this
- themomentalwaysvanishing reblogged this from wholesomeobsessive
- wholesomeobsessive reblogged this from holothuroid
- blazedrgn reblogged this from isaia
- worlddominationofcourse reblogged this from nightsinwonderland
- nightsinwonderland reblogged this from shekilleditwithkisses-
- cicadachirps reblogged this from dakotaaaa
- 3-pipe-problem likes this
- jen176 likes this
- transientme reblogged this from elliemaytk9
- negamegantron reblogged this from nyxythenightmare
- negamegantron likes this
- melonxing likes this
- valtome likes this
- carnagecancan likes this
- nyxythenightmare reblogged this from shslfuckup
- nyxythenightmare likes this
- retardedraptor reblogged this from shslfuckup
- shslfuckup reblogged this from kindofdistracting
- intheconcertroom likes this
- zladkohasaboaraffe reblogged this from skiesofpluto
- iwantedtolivedeliberately likes this
- princeofsparkles reblogged this from dakotaaaa
- scyf likes this
- pinguinmitbrille reblogged this from kindofdistracting
- pinguinmitbrille likes this
- greatdistractions reblogged this from skiesofpluto
- greatdistractions likes this
- eris21 likes this
- hawkisms reblogged this from dakotaaaa
- rosesandincense likes this